Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Les Miserables

Or, if you prefer,
Personally I'm more drawn to the 25th anniversary, mostly because I am more familiar with the cast: Lea Salonga, Ramin Karimloo, etc. But whatever your preference is, if you're a Les Mis fan (who isn't?), you're probably just as excited as I am for the new ensemble cast movie that's coming out Christmas day. As if Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman weren't exciting enough, the movie's directed by Tom Hooper (The King's Speech) and produced by Cameron Mackintosh (Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera). And little known to many, Colm Wilkinson, the original Jean Valjean, makes an appearance in the movie as the priest.

Needless to say, I am super psyched for the movie.

Oh, and a great side effect of preparing for the release of the Les Mis movie during this time of year: instead of christmas carols, Les Mis music is stuck in my head 24/7. So much better.