Monday, May 28, 2012

Poetry

I stumbled across this video while doing some poetry research (and by research I mean going around and listening to/reading great poetry). I've also been having quite a few conversations with my poet friend because of my recent interest in choral music and the poetry in them. All this talk of poetry may lead you to believe that I love poetry, which is certainly true. I've always found poetry to be inspiring when written or performed well. Writing poetry is also another pastime of mine; I sometimes resort to writing poetry during times of hardship when writing music is not possible.

Anyhow, even if you hate poetry, you should still give this video a listen. The poems performed here are relevant, well-crafted, and most of all inspiring. If you don't have the time to listen to the whole clip, at least watch the third poem (8:35). I don't think I've ever heard a more brilliant poem in my life.