Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Presence of Music

On the last day of school before Thanksgiving break, our English teacher asked us what we were thankful for. Each person told the class what made them grateful, and most of them consisted of family, friends, vacation, and such.

When it was my turn, I couldn't help but say "the presence of music in my life." Immediately following were a few cries of "I knew it!" from a few of my friends. But it's true, you know. I'm always thankful for what music does to me. It's a shoulder to cry on during times of need. It's an encouraging friend in times of doubt. It's a fellow party goer during crazy evenings. Whatever the situation, it's one thing that will never fail me.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, I hope it brings you as much rest and joy as it has brought me.