Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Weather and Its Various Inspirations

The weather today was actually quite nice, and that's a blessing that we don't get here in our city. I immediately had the urge to go play Ultimate outside as I always do on days with nice weather, and I eventually did with a few friends.

The typical "nice" day may not be a inspirational thing for many of you, but for me (since I so rarely see it), it gives me quite a lot of music inspiration. And that's not the only type of weather that does: rainy days, sitting by my window listening to the raindrops fall, is a great source of sad melodies.

Personally I think it's quite difficult to capture the feeling of a natural element in music, but when done right, it can be quite beautiful.
Here are some pieces that I think embody nature very well.