Monday, April 18, 2011

Film Scoring

People tell me, music is a career that won't put food on the table. Unless you're the best of the best of the best. And I say, but mom, I want a job that I love! And in that respect I'm glad I'm looking into an engineering major because yes, it's true, it's hard to make a decent living off of simply writing music. However, because I started at a fairly early age, I believe that I have a chance to reach those "best of the best" levels. Perhaps life could've been a little more helpful to me and put me in L.A. or someplace where I can actually meet those famous people, but life's not fair. So I make do with the wonderful resource called the internet and watch videos such as these.

And it's all about Flim Composing, which is one area of music that not only would I like to try out, but can actually give you a job. Take it a step further, to something I love even more than movies: video games. Martin O'Donnell is the composer for Bungie's Halo franchise, and I've watched a lot of interviews of him. Not to mention Hans Zimmer and John Williams: they're all greatly inspiring to me!